Saturday 11 January 2014

Black Moon (1975)

  'Black Moon' is a 1975 surreal film directed by Louis Malle. It stands out in a near perfect filmography as his worst film. I am not going to describe the plot, as if it has one, it is stupid.

  I was working my way down a "weirdest films" list when I got to this one. After seeing the trailer (the one where the badger gets run over by a car), I decided to watch. was this a good idea... I don't even know. What on earth did I watch? It's like a surrealist Bunuel movie, but more empty, with bad acting and literally nothing making sense. After watching this, I found out it was a Malle film, which I was very surprised at.

  Here is a conversation I found with Billy Wilder and Louis Malle: "Allegedly, the story goes like this. Billy Wilder runs into Louis Malle, this is in the late 50′s, early 60′s. And Louis Malle had just made his most expensive film, which has cost 2 1/2 million dollars. And Billy Wilder asks him what the film is about. And Louis Malle says "Well, it's sort of a dream within a dream." And Billy Wilder says "You just lost 2 1/2 million dollars"



TO CONCLUDE

 Apparently there are deep meanings to the images shown on film, but all I see is a random mess. Ignore the fact it has a talking unicorn in, avoid at all possible costs, no matter how tempting this film looks. It is a poop. FLUSH IT QUICK!!!

SCORE

35/100

No comments:

Post a Comment