Saturday 14 February 2015

Links to Stream Rare Films

Note- This was originally posted as a heading atop the blog, although I'm changing it to a blog post to make room for the new section "Super Fast Reviews for People in a Hurry".

This is a list of where to stream films unavailable on DVD and other formats.


Flash Player

YouTube

A Brighter Summers Day- 1991 (Taiwan)
"The World Cinema Foundation are restoring it, so expect to see it on blu-ray within a year or two. Until then all there is, is this dodgy copy. The film is at the peak of the Taiwanese New Wave, and is widely considered to be the best Taiwanese film ever made"
IMDB: 8.4. My Score: 90

Chronicle of the Years of Fire- 1975 (Algeria)
"I reviewed it in my blog, incredibly rare"
IMDB: 7.4. My Score: 66

City of Sadness- 1989 (Taiwan)
"Hsien's greatest work, tells the history of Taiwan during the turbulent time of history known as the 'White Terror'."
IMDB: 8.1. My Score: 87

In the Heat of the Sun- 1994 (China)
"A coming of age story set on the desolate streets of Beijing during the Cultural Revolution. Phenominal." 
IMDB: 8.4. My Score: 84.

Love Streams- 1984 (America)
"Pure Cassavetes, similar to 'A Woman Under the Influence', but everyone has forgotten about this one"
IMDB: 8.0. My Score: 83

Muddy River- 1981 (Japan)
"Reviewed on the blog. Number 10 on Kinejun's top 200 Japanese films" 
IMDB: 7.9. My Score 79.

Pastoral: To Die in the Country- 1974 (Japan)
"My favourite film no-one has seen. The film is about Terayama's childhood, but a third of the way through, it skips to the present day where the director (not played by himself) realizes it's all a lie, and remembers what it was actually like. You will be hooked from the first minute"
IMDB: 8.0. My Score: 97

DailyMotion

Kin-Dza-Dza- 1986 (Russia)
"The Craziest sci-fi I have seen. Really is a weird one"
IMDB: 8.3. My score 78

Siberiade- 1979 (Russia)
"4 hour Russian epic about life in a small Siberian village"
IMDB: 8.1. My Score: 88.

The Ascent- 1977 (Russia)
"A lot like 'Come and See' part 2. Brutal, beautiful and horrific."
IMDB: 8.3. My Score: 84

The Inugami Family- 1976 (Japan)
"Kon Ichikawa's most famous film in Japan is completely unheard of it the west. Confusing but a good watch"
IMDB: 7.5. My Score: 79

DivX Web Player

Veehd

Day for Night- 1973 (France)
"Still not available on DVD. Truffaut's best film"
IMDB: 8.0. My Score: 85

Hazard- 2003 (Japan)
"A surprisingly good and unseen Shion Sono film. Don't watch it if it is your first film of his."
IMDB: 6.9. My Score: 74

The Taste of Tea- 2004 (Japan)
"This is why Japan has the reputation of being crazy. Strange and unpredictable"
IMDB: 7.9. My Score 83

Stagevu

Throw Away your Books and Rally in the Streets- 1971 (Japan)
"Terayama is most known for this provocative rebellious tale. It also featured punk music years before it happened"
IMDB: 8.4. My Score: 84

No comments:

Post a Comment